These are the Rules and Regulations for the Home Baking Recipe Competition--2016 Edition.
- The 2016 competition is open to any amateur home baker 18 years of age and older, who is a resident of the United States. Contestants may enter more than one category, but may win first place only one time.
- Recipes to the Grand Finale at the 2016 show must be submitted no later than October 30th, 2016 by email (email@example.com) or fax (877) 709-5130 with full name, address and phone number. All recipes must be the original creation of the entrant and if it is a revision of a published recipe it must be referenced as such and must demonstrate where it was revised. It must list all ingredients and quantities plus clear preparation instructions.
- Recipes will be prepared at America's Baking and Sweets Show test kitchens in Chicago, Illinois.
- A panel of judges chosen by America’s Baking and Sweets Show will select the top three recipes from each category.
- Expert chefs for The Home Baking Recipe Competition will prepare the top three (3) recipes for each category. Contestants cannot bake their own recipes for the competition. Each recipe should be consistent in quality and result, regardless of baker. Each category contestant will be provided with 2 complimentary passes to the show on the day of their competition regardless of how many categories they’ve entered. A further 2 tickets per contestant will be distributed for each other day they’ve entered further competitions. The competitions are set for Saturday, November 12, 2016.
The Top 3 recipes for each category will be judged on Taste, Texture, and Creativitiy by a panel of Judges at the Show. One winner will be selected for each category. All judges' decisions are FINAL.
- Entrant unconditionally grants America’s Baking and Sweets Show all rights, title, interest, and claim to his/her recipe and grants those acting under their authority the right to use the recipe in whole or in part, for any advertising or promotional purposes whatsoever in any and all types of media. The entrant’s name will be included along with the recipe whenever it is used.
One Winner from each category will receive: A Perfect Bake PRO Smart Scale + Interactive Recipe App. A Jewellery Theme Set (Ring, Bracelet, Necklace and Earrings) from Jillicious Charms and Accessories. A $220 Girl's Night Out Gift Basket from Entree Kitchens. $100 Wilton Gift Basket. Two Tickets to Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament (Schaumburg Location only). $75 Gift Certificate from PME Arts and Crafts. $100 Gift Pack of Isola Import Products
The 5 categories are:
1. Gingerbread Cookies
2. Banana Nut Bread
3. Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes
4. Lemon Bars
5. Vanilla Cheescake with Fruit Topping